Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Rescue the tatas

**To my father and any other male family memeber that may religiously read my blog please be advised in this post I will be discussing my breasts. Should you choose to continue reading please NEVER EVER EVER think this is an okay post to bring up in casual conversaton with me. K? Thanks.

Now on with the show....
Today is Truthful Tuesday with Elizabeth





Confessions from a Working Mom



Would you get a boob job?

Well the short answer is No. Unlike many other ladies answering this question, I did not breasfeed. I did want to with Dade and it just didn't work. Poor latch, not as easy as I thought, a big baby that was starving, yeah it didn't work. I tried again with the girls and they got some I think but I just didn't get it I never felt milk come in or leak or feel engorged and the thought of tandem nursing was quite daunting. So the girls (not my kids) are still rather perky kinda on the bigger side and I'm good with them.
This begs the question am I against plastic surgery and again the short answer is no. Before I was married with children, you know back when I knew it all, I was SOOO against plastic surgery. My throughts were, "Aren't the scars to your body just amazing reminders that you were the giver of life?" HAA!! I was so misled. My surgery of choice would be the removal of what I so lovingly call my "kanga pouch" aka a tummy tuck. After two gynecological surgeries, carrying a 9lb. 8oz gargantuo and then nearly 13 lbs of baby with the twins well let's just say lower abdomen has seen much better days. I would love to once again be able to buy pants that don't require extra stretch. Now don't get me wrong I'm not a small gal to begin with but the whole wreck that is my abdomen is just beggin' for some fixin'. So there you have it, way more than you thought you were getting into.

So are you brave enough to weigh in on the topic?? Join in on the blog hop or leave me a comment or give kudos to Elizabeth for sparing her husband's life. Don't know what I'm talking about, well just pop on over to her blog and check out their conversation.


MckLinky Blog Hop

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you on the tummy tuck! After my 8 pound son, twin girls coming in at 13 pounds and a seven pound little man (he was my feather weight), two c-sections, and a hysterectomy: My tummy looks like ... EW. That is the only word I could come up with. Just ew. Maybe I'll do the girls and belly at the same time.

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Great answer! I can't believe you gave birth to an eight pounder, and then 13 pounds with the twins... that's a lot of baby! I guess it's just proof we all have parts of our body we'd like to tweak :)

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Laura said...

Man I thought my 8 pound babies were huge! I would love to get rid of the mama pouch too, seriously I have my babies as a reminder of my babies do I really need that too!? :) I tell my husband we need to start a tummy tuck/boob lift fund.
Love the disclaimer. :)

The (Un)Experienced Mom said...

Love the disclaimer at the beginning of the post! ;-)

Another non-boob-job'er....yeah! And you're amazing for carrying more than 1 child at a time. I am in awe of all moms of multiples!

Megan M. said...

I think I'd do my tummy before I'd do my breasts, too. After all, boobs can be prodded into a bra that makes them still appear amazing. Guts? Yeah, hello, Muffin Top. Blech. But, I'd probably just spend the money on a fun vacation instead, and stay wrapped in a towel while there!