Friday, December 18, 2009

My Friday Favorites

PhotobucketMy Little Life

Filling in the Blank with the (Un)Experienced Mom, Tamara is asking today-

If you had spare money that had to be donated to 3 charities they would be-
  • Farthest Corners– Is a ministry involved in supporting the persecuted people of Burma.
  • Polaris Project – modern-day slavery is the second largest criminal industry in the world. It makes me shiver to think that this is really happening in our world and in our country
  • Remote Area Medical – Provides free dental, medical and vision to the needy here in the US. Doctors volunteer their time. Jon and I saw this on Dateline or 60 minutes and were moved to tears at what many people live without in our very own country.

MckLinky Blog Hop


Fragments with Mrs. 4444

Once again they are talking snow for our area. Up to 12 inches that's a lot for this area and I know again this doesn't seem like much to my bloggy friends to the North. People are already driving stupid and nothing, I said NOTHING has fallen from the sky yet. UFTA!! I'm nervous because I need to get milk on the way home from work; it's likely to be all gone since people might be snowed in for a day or two.

We still don't have a tree; really after all that talk about now wanting to repeat our previous years here we are the week before Christmas with no tree. I'm quite bummed. My visions of going to the tree farm and picking the tree, taking pictures, making lasting family memories have been shot down like a skeet. Jon and Dade are going to Costco tonight so as to avoid the aforementioned blizzard of '09

I really, REALLY, REALLY want to win Arizona Momma's contest. As of yesterday there were only three people in the running 2 have two votes and 1 has only one vote. I am the 1 with 1 (Thanks Brianne!!!), it conjures up memories of being picked last in every sport in elementary school. Please wash away those dreadful feelings for me. Click here, leave a referral (comment) for me to win.


5QF - with my new best friend Mama M.

Which boygroup did you like most in your teens?

Was there any other?
I was over the top obsessed with posters, magazines, every last bit of my baby-sitting money was spent of NKOTB for 3+ years of my life.

Do you do Christmas cards, letter, photos, nuthin', all of the above?
Nada, it's embarassing. I would love to have my stuff together enough to get a photo card out, but no. I talked about it here, this is one area in my life where I did not get organizational skills from my mother.

In you could meet one celebrity who would it be and why?
I gotta say I'm having a hard time with this one. I'm not really the celebrity swooning type...maybe I'll be back with an update later.

Favorite thing to cook with (i.e. stainless, non-stick, Dutch Oven, microwave, debit card...or, perhaps, a couldron, etc.)?
We got a set of Emeril's stainless steel cookware apparently by accident when we got married. I really like the way it cooks, but apparently you are suppose to season fancy-shmacy pots and pans like that. We didn't so we tend to have sticking issues which causes the need for lots of scrubbing after use.

What is the one thing you wear the most, besides your unmentionables?
My sweatpants, I LOVE my sweatpants. Do you remember Stegmans? Slip on wool shoes all the rage before Uggs, yeah I have some that are pretty much the only shoes I wear in winter unless there is snow.


MckLinky Blog Hop


As always click on any of these ladies names to play along with your own blog OR fill in the blank, leave a fragment, answer the questions in my comments...

7 comments:

Brianne said...

We don't have emerils cookware but some other non stick stuff and yea its not so non stick! Heard that stuff is not good for you anway! Oh well. Maybe I will go buy new pans!

Kyrsten said...

Glad I'm not the only one without a celeb :-)

Unknown said...

stopping by from barbs FF I just went and voted for you!

Adrienne said...

i am not a celebrity swooner either. i do have my favorites who i think are down to earth that seem like they could be my friend.

Melanie said...

NKOTB was my absolutely fave also. I was in love with Donnie. =)

Pennie said...

I've noticed that not as many people are sending out Christmas cards this year. Hmmm...

I have the Emeril's stainless set, too! I love it, but I'm eyeing up the Rachel Ray's set with the non-stick surface. Hard to justify when the Emeril pots and pans are still so nice.

Mrs4444 said...

Voted for you! :)

One year when Mr.4444 and I were living 5 hours from home (where we planned to celebrate the holidays), we felt kind of bad that we didn't have a tree, but then voila! I opened the front door to find that a storm had dropped a nice, big branch (NOT a pine branch) on the front porch. So...we took it inside, put it in the tree stand, and decorated it up nicely. And that is our Charlie Brown Christmas tree story :) It's not to late for you to do the same...