Thursday, November 19, 2009

I peep

Do you ever drive past someones house and try to see in the windows? Not in a creepy peeping kind of way, but to see the way they decorate or the colors they painted or how the house appears to be laid out.

With night falling sooner on a daily basis I'm noticing as I drive through my neighborhood on my way home from work that I'm peeping. I glance through the windows that are unencumbered by shades to see the cabinet or wall color. The size of a kitchen or placement of the TV.

There are many different types of homes in our planned neighborhood. I only know the layouts of the homes in our section called "carriage" homes. So I also check the sizes of rooms and how did owner utilize the space. Obviously, the views I'm taking are brief, but I drive past the same homes every night.

So I confess, I'm a peeper, but my name is not Thomasina. Are you a peeper too?

8 comments:

Adriane said...

I am a peeper!! I love looking at paint colors. I often find myself thinking, "wow. they are bold!" Love looking at how others utilize space, too. :-)

Pennie said...

My neighbor is a peeper! I am an unaware person. She took me on a drive a few years ago to "show me a neighbor's living room." I had no idea she meant from the road! I laughed so hard! She was dead serious and was offended when I started laughing - I thought she was joking! We did look at the mural painted on our neighbor's living room wall...from her car...parked on the road in front of our neighbor's house. So, I guess you're not the only one. My neighbor told me the best time to look at other people's rooms is at night, when they have their lights on. I'm still unaware. But, her house looks WAY better than mine as far as decorating goes...so, there you go. :)

CJ said...

I am a peeper!! :)

Kate said...

I'm totally a peeper. I love seeing how people decorate.

My friend always said that if someone leaves their drapes ok then they're asking for someone to peep!

Amy C said...

I am soooo a peeper :-) Hey, do you use a Mac? Sometimes people with Macs have said they can't read my text. Could it be something I did? Have you ever been able to read it with the current background?

Mama (Heidi) said...

Pennie,LOL, I can't say that I have ever stopped to look in someones house.

Laura said...

YAY peeping! haha I find myself doing it a lot more now because people have been putting up their Christmas trees and stuff and I am jealous. :)

So Who Is The Crayon Wrangler? said...

So...THAT was YOU out there in the bushes. Totally falling in love with your blog and when I get the time (if ever, huh?) I hope to read a lot more!
Peeping..following...stalking...whatever.