Saturday, February 28, 2009

At night..

Every night during the week I wake with the girls and handle the feedings. Jon has to get up at 5am to begin getting ready for work and he leaves at 6:30. So if the first girl wakes between 3:30 and 4:30, I feed the first waker then wake the second. 98% of the time only one girls wakes at a time during the week. On Friday nights Jon has agreed to handle the girls so I can get a solid night's sleep, if he isn't on-call (for work) or handling a monthly ministry(Angel Food). So PUH-LEESE tell me why for the first time in 5 friggin days did the girls wake up at the EXACT same time at 3:15 last night. Do they know? Some kind of internal clock....WHAT THE HECK!! UGH.

2 comments:

The Watkins said...

Wow! Of course that is how it would work! What LUCK!

Adriane said...

Ugh, I remember these days. I was the only one on night duty as well and my girls were the same way. Grace always woke before Gabby, but there were those few times when they both woke up at the same time. It gets dicey, that's for sure. Hang in there - and look forward to Fridays!!! We paid my sister to take one night shift a week for me. It made me sane.

Your girls are darling! I did finally stop waking up Gabby after a while and she started sleeping through the night a few weeks before Gracie did.