Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Great Date Night...

that kinda happened...

So Saturday rolls around and I am stoked (yes, I'm a child of the '80's) that I will get to spend the night with my love. We decided against the fancy pants restaurant in old town because it required a reservation and with it being saturday night we didn't know what time we could get in, no biggie. Also, after researching the movies playing at our closest theater we discovered that the Blindside only had two showings in the evening, we had already decided that we would see a matinee, so we decided on Avatar at 3:20. It wasn't my first choice but as a love exchange because I knew my husband wanted to see it sooo badly, I would go.We were still on for the movies and dinner.
As I mentioned on Friday the people that bought our furniture were coming at 1pm to move it out. Jon got an e-mail from the purchasers that the movers were running 30 minutes late. They actually didn't show up until 1:40. The room consisted of 1-table, 2-leaves, 8-chairs, 2-piece china cabinet and 1-buffet. They didn't finish moving the furniture out of our house until 3:10!! I began to sink... We ran to the car and tried with all our might to get to the theater hoping they would let us in late. At 3:35 we were still standing in line when we made the call to give up. I could see the disappointment in my husband's face and it made me sad.
We tried to make the best of it and looked for a piece of furniture to hold all the stuff family treasures and fine china we had in the old dining room set. At the Room Store the sales girl literally chased us down. (Annoying!!) Then we headed to dinner at the Texas Roadhouse, it was only 5pm when we were seated. I can't remember the last time we ate dinner that early. We were seated in the romantic section of the retaurant, also known as the middle right next to the waitress station and to the other side of us a family with a small child, about 6 or 7 months. The poor little guy must have been hungry or tired and was not really happy. Crying babies in all honesty don't bother me, I feel for the mama and the baby in the situation as I watch other restaurant goers fling evil glances. What did bother me was the mama getting in the baby's face and SHHH'ing him loudly or the Dad getting in his face and telling him that was enough. Really?? He is a little baby, why are you bullying him? Whoa, sorry, so yeah most of our conversation was thwarted given all the noise around us, the food was good... We then headed to Pier 1, Kirklands (a great place for pictures, when I start decorating) and finally Target. We did not find a piece of furniture to put in our dining room and we were done with our search by 6:10. We stalled a little more because I wanted to get home after the kids had eaten. Sorry Mom I didn't want to clean them up.
So I'm glad we got to spend some one on one time together, but I feel like we ran errands which was a disappointment. Better luck next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When hubby & I try to have date nights it goes about the same way. Except he gave up long ago (ok a month ago) trying to get me to the movies. Without fail (except for 2) I will fall asleep 30 minutes into every movie I see. It's like clock work

Laura said...

At least it WAS time alone...next time will be loads better! :)