Monday, February 2, 2009

The First Day....Duh Dun Dun

My first day back to work went well. When I left the house 2 of our 3 children were sleeping and Ally looked very relaxed and comfortable.
A little background on Ally she is the third oldest of seven. She is part of a military family and was a summer nanny while in high school, at one point for a family with six children (ages 3months to 7). She is taking a semester off of school and will be with us until the end of August. The best part is her heart for children. She is going to school to be a pediatric registered nurse and hopes to work with children with cancer.
I left the house with no tears, I was almost excited for the break.
When I got to work I felt like a fish out of water. It's only been two months but many things have changed here in the department I work in. I've been given several special projects and am "taking it easy" this week to get back into the swing of things. It's hard to believe I have forgotten so much in such a short time. I believe my brain did some purging in hopes that I would be staying home or maybe it was the lack of sleep that burned up those brain cells.
All in all it was a good day. I only checked in with Ally one time.
The evening after we got home was a different story. Dade missed me terribly and wanted to be held. The rest of the evening felt very rushed, luckily this week for dinner I have planned convenience foods and this will likely stay in place until the girls are on solids or I get some great crock pot recipes.
For the second time I have come to realize that I really do like working. If our financial situation was different I'm sure I would stay home, but I don't know that I would feel the same. Or I would likely be the mom always on the go to play dates and other activities. Maybe one day that will be an option, but for now I'm doing good. I love my babies, I love knowing they are well taken care of and that we are doing our best to provide for them.
I did miss them though and took a bunch of pictures last night that I hope to post soon, but I can't do that from work. I told you I was taking it easy..:o)

No comments: