Friday, April 10, 2009

Who knew...

- at 10 years old I would have a conversation in a campground with my daddy that would change my life.
- at 13 years old my pastor would die, the foundation of my life was shaken to the core and I'd watch a church fall apart
- at 16 year old I would lose my right ovary to a genetic disorder and be told that there is a chance I will never have children
- in 1997 I would meet a lifelong friend and fall in love with her baby-sitter. Dreaming about him for years and loving him when he did not return the same affections
- I would see the Caribbean in my early twenties
- at 21 I would need to have surgery to remove cysts, same genetic disorder, from my left ovary. Further damaging my chances of having children
- at 24 I would move to Virginia and buy my first house all by myself
- in March, 2002 another pastor of mine would die and I would watch another church fall apart
- in March, 2002 I would lose my job, and adequately live on unemployment for 3 months
- I would be single until I was 28.
- in November, 2004 while away in the Dominican Republic, the man of my dreams would fall in love with me.
- in December, 2004 the man of my dream would profess his love for me
- in February, 2005 I would receive a beautiful diamond ring
- in September, 2005 I would be married and buy a brand new house.
- just two short months after being married I would become pregnant
- August 10, 2006 at 38 weeks gestation Dade Juan would be born a healthy 9lbs. 8 ozs. beautiful baby boy.
- while performing my c-section, another cyst the size of a large lemon would be discovered on my ovary. Its removal meant partial removal of my ovary.
- the next two years would bring many financial struggles
- in March, 2008 after having stopped trying for number two I would become pregnant.
- April, 2008 – it’s Twins
- July, 2008 – it’s girls
- October, 2008, we would struggle to get moved into our new home
- October 25, 2008 I would be sent to the hospital with PIH, one hour away from our new home, alone a lot in a hospital.
- November 9, 2008, my water would break at 6:30 in the morning, 36 weeks and 6 days gestation.
- at 10:05 Coralee Virginia would arrive in this world 5lbs. 15ozs; followed two minutes later by her sister Brennan Maria-Elizabeth 6lbs. 13ozs.
- after delivery, I would have continued elevated blood pressure, still swollen, talk of a blood transfusion
- we would come home and struggle to find a new normal
-this is where I, we, would be today.

Who knew, He knew, the One knew.

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. Jeremiah 1:5

Today is Good Friday. Today is the day that my Savior hung on a cross for many, the least of which was me. To save my soul, to set me free, to allow me to breathe new life, to be set apart and changed; I am in awe of that. I can only muster a hushed voice and say-
“Thank you. Please forgive me for squandering the blessing that has been bestowed on me and not always living a set apart life.”

For I know the plans I have for you, “declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. –Jeremiah 29:11

Happy Easter! May the Son shine eternally upon your face.

2 comments:

Charity said...

That was really interesting to read. I know it is so cliche, but the challenges and struggles in life really do provide the juxtaposition for how good and sweet things can ultimately turn out. From the outside, your story sounds so romantic and seems to have such a happy outcome. Mine is so vanilla, but I'm not complaining. It just woulnd't hurt to throw in an exotic locale every now and then ;)

Oh, and great verses too! Some of my favorites that ring true daily.

CJ said...

What a MIGHTY GOD he is! What a wonderufl story of your life. It was so touching.